All students are required to abide by standard School and Dance Studio etiquette.
Due to residential business restrictions, we would kindly ask you to DROP OFF your students. Exceptions of the drop off policy (especially for out of towners – over 7 miles away) may be arranged by calling ahead. Automatic exceptions are also for all ½ hr classes. Although we have ample space for parking here and on the street, we do enforce our policy for two reasons.
1. We love our neighbors and we prefer them by trying our best to control congestion of cars.
2. We love our students and we strive to help them experience the best learning environment possible. With only the teacher and the other students in class students are able to focus and progress much faster without the distraction of faces in the windows and visitors in the classroom. We are thrilled on observation days when the parents marvel at the improvement they are witnessing.
Obviously you're welcome to stay and observe your child's first one or two classes to make sure you and your child are comfortable and it's a fit.
Parents are invited to Observe classes the first week of every other month (i.e. Sept, Nov, Jan, Mar, May and Special Events in Dec.). Again, exceptions may be arranged ahead by calling the office.
When you have to park, please use our Parking Map and park only on our lower driveway or in the parking lane on Seattle Hill Rd on the other side of the "No Parking" signs. Please never park on our private road shared with the neighbors (but you may drop off / pick up there for 2 min).
[Click here for a map and detailed parking instructions]
Dancers should be appropriately dressed in class uniforms for each class with all hair off the face. No gum or candies are allowed during class.
All students and visitors are kindly asked to remove street shoes upon entering the dance floor. We do recognize it is an inconvenience, but it is necessary to keep the floors clean for the dancers. Please keep the entry room tidy by hanging coats as well as putting away belongings in cubby holes.
Prompt and regular attendance to class is required for personal progress and safety. Inconsistent attendance holds back progress for the whole class and may result in reassessment of class placement. It’s also important that the students are promptly dropped off and picked up on time.
Missed classes may be made up in any other age/level appropriate class, within a month. (i.e. including illness, cancellations (weather). Unless notified there will be classes on all holidays except Thanksgiving.
We take a 2 week Winter (Christmas) Break and a 1 week Spring Break with Everett Schools.
Everyone is encouraged to take part in the optional highlight end of year Dance Recital (as most all do). Reasonable Costume payments are due in January and prices will be listed in the Dec. memo. There will also be a reasonable ticket price for the June show Performance Theater venue.
We are also very busy in the Christmas Holiday season with free performances for the community and In-house for younger student families. You will receive info regarding special events for your particular class.
Memos will be given out, emailed and web posted usually every 2 months to communicate information.
Photos will be taken at different times and events throughout the year and unless we're told otherwise in writing from you (to make you an exception), we will use some of these photos for promotion purposes.
We will also have a special section on our web site “For Our Dancers Only” that with a password that you will receive in class will unlock an area to view the Newsletter, more info for our students and an enhanced student photo gallery.
Our school is based on an Annual Tuition (divided by 10) due on or before the first of the month and are Full-Month Payments and Non-Refundable. Payments are not pro-rated. The tuition remains the same whether it works out to have 2-5 classes that month. Registrations are also Non-Refundable. There will be a $10 Late Fee for tuition not paid by the 10th of the month. Payments should be put in the Payment Mailbox slot on the studio door or mailed. We accept cash or check (made out to "Reflections School of Dance"). Cash (only) should be in an envelope describing who it’s for and designated by first and last name for your dancer. Please clearly designate all checks in the memo area if payments are being made by someone with a different last name. Checks don’t need to go into envelopes. Statements will usually be mailed out for over-due accounts only unless otherwise requested. NSF Checks will be charged a $20 Bank fee. Our preferred payment method is automated from your bank (i.e. “bill payer”) that you initiate or by giving us postdated checks for the whole year dated for the 1st of each month. Class withdrawal requires a 30 day advance written notice only by completing our “Withdrawal Form” placed in our payment box and final month payment will be required (and billed whether class is taken that month or not).
Your signature on our registration form signifies your adherence and agreement to all these polices. Thank-you.
Class Uniform / Attire
- Mom and Me: Both Mom and child should dress comfortably and ready for stretching and moving. No uniform required.
- Creative Dance and Pre-Dance: Pink Leotard, Pink tights, Pink Ballet Slippers.
- Ballet, Pre-Pointe and Pointe: Black Leotard, Theatre Pink Tights, Theatre Pink Ballet Slippers. Do not purchase Pointe shoes until you have been placed in a Pointe class and your teacher advises you.
- Jazz & Hip Hop / Jazz: Black Leotard, Black Jazz Pants and Black Jazz Shoes or Dance Sneakers
- Tap Basics & Open Tap: T-Shirt or Leotard with black jazz pants and black Tap shoes. Tap basics and other beginners may use the basic Mary Jane patent leather tap shoe. But as the student progresses, we would recommend a quality tap oxford for better fit and sound.
- Cheer & Pom: Leotard or T-Shirt, shorts, sports socks, white cheer shoes or “Keds” type sneakers. Pom-poms will be ordered at a later date by your teacher for a reasonable fee.
- Lyrical: Black Leotard, Black Jazz Pants, Bare Feet.
- Broadway Jazz: Black Leotard, Black Jazz Pants and Tan Character Shoes.
- Team and Company: Costumes for the year will be discussed in rehearsal, but each team and company member should have access to one black cami leotard, one black long sleeve leotard, one pair of black jazz pants, and black jazz shoes.
- Boys - T-shirt, Black Shorts or Jazz Pants, and appropriate class footwear.
- Hair should always be off face and neck (ponytail or bun) for all classes.
- Reflections School of Dance T-shirts are available for purchase and are also appropriate for class.
- We do encourage students to abide by these guidelines which assists them in being more focused on movement and less focused on what to wear. Smaller children especially become easily distracted when another child arrives “in costume”.
Dance clothes and shoes can be purchased at the following place that we’d recommend – you can also ask us about any discounts or coupons they may give.
14523 Hwy. 99 Lynnwood, WA 425-743-9513
Many department stores also have children’s leotards, tights, and jazz pants. Children’s Ballet, Tap and Jazz shoes can also be purchased at Payless shoes.
Please Note: Wal-Mart, Target and Kmart sell a bedroom slipper that looks a little like a ballet slipper – but it is not appropriate for class. Wearing this kind of slipper in dance class may increase the risk of injury.