Statement of Purpose
To create a positive, loving atmosphere for young and old alike of various abilities to train in dance and develop a deeper appreciation for the performing arts.
To teach people about good health physically, mentally and spiritually.
To transfer our own love for movement and beauty to other people with creative abilities.
To make affordable quality classes available for all students with a passion to learn.
To give opportunities for students in the performing arts to display their talents and bless our community locally and abroad.
- Family friendly values and good morals
- Tasteful, wholesome, age appropriate music, choreography and costume attire
- Safe, loving and caring environment
- Fun – if you’re not enjoying yourself what’s the point?
- Individual attention emphasized
- Friendly and personalable approach
- Disciplined proper technique and terminology yet with no overly intense competitiveness
- Excellence – always doing the best we can
- Controlled behavior and discipline
- Performing arts, creativity and freedom of expression through dance
- Professional performances – you’ve got to see!
- Personal Friendly Family Home Business – on call for your excellent customer service
- "No charge for Integrity"
- Home-schoolers, private & public education
- "Parent (not child) in Charge" parenting style & philosophy
- God, our Creator first & foremost who gave us the "gift" of Dance to glorify Him (we primarily perform for an "audience of One")
Generally speaking across the board most people that come here from another studio will find us a little more conservative with costumes, music and choreography. Some come to us disappointed with what other Dance studio Recitals were like and now they love ours.
We didn’t set out to be Different than other Studios but rather just be who we are. We have a strong value for Family and so we decided to pull it off as a Home Business where Debbie could be near the family and work out of “our home”. At times there have been challenges but it’s definitely all been worth it.
We have a value for excellence in what we do as well as having a purpose. We feel an appreciation for Art in itself is an excellent vehicle for creative expression as well as communication and sometimes an even deeper message will come across in our Instruction and Performances. Above all we should always enjoy what we do for with that comes the satisfaction and pleasure of something beyond ourselves that we couldn’t have done in our own strength.
Debbie taught at a Studio in Ohio that was very strong in lots and lots of Competitions. She thought that was great for some people but that would not be our Studio’s emphasis. We do work hard at putting on many Performances every year that really benefit not only the performers but the many audiences as well. Over the last several years we’ve been working hard at developing an actual senior Dance Performance Team (Cerulean Dance Company) that can perform at many different venues throughout the year as well as someday be able to go on performing tours even in other countries. We are also now working at doing the same thing with a Junior High age Dance Team (Jr. Performance Team & “Friday Crew”).
Of course our biggest Performance is our end of the year Dance Recital (see Recitals Info). We put a lot of time and energy into this and many people have told us how rewarding it is. We usually hold this the 3rd weekend of June in a Performing Arts Center with over 35 Volunteers and workers as well as over 1000 people attending.
We usually do a mixture of December Holiday free Performances in house for the smaller ones and at a Mall or Seattle Center House for the older ones. Over the years we’ve done many Performances at 3 different local Senior Nursing Homes, Everett Mall, Alderwood Mall, Auburn Super Mall, Seattle Center House, Churches, Schools, Festivals, Warm Beach Lights of Christmas and Freedom Fest in Snohomish.
If interested please inquire about our Volunteer Community Service Program and our Assistant Dance Teacher Apprentice Program.
The mission of Reflections School of Dance is to serve the community with unparalleled quality in creativity and dance technique that expresses truth and influences our culture.
This is accomplished by:
1. Offering a well balanced schedule of ongoing, high quality technique classes.
- Technique classes provide the discipline and foundational structure upon which beautiful dancers and choreographers are built.
- Technique classes encourage healthy esteem in young dancers.
- Technique classes improve the strength and fitness level of the body.
2. Providing esteem building performance opportunities.
- Performance Teams
- Annual Spring Benefit Concert
- Annual Spring Recital
- Seasonal in-house and community wide performances
- Community & Outreach Performances
3. Offering workshops to help expand a dancers’ creativity and encourage her/his God given gifts.
4. Carefully choosing and creating costumes, music and choreography that reflect our values.
5. Training dancers from the inside out. We attempt to push our dancers beyond technical excellence inside the classroom/studio, to value what God values and influence the larger world around them when class time is over.
And how did it all start?